Why the FBI shot to thrill after killing Orlando shooter

After being shot dead by a federal agent on Sunday, a gunman who police say killed 49 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, was in a state of “shock and shock and disbelief” and “bewildered,” the FBI said Monday.

It is the first such shooting in more than two decades, and the FBI is continuing to investigate the incident.

The FBI says it has interviewed the gunman, whose name has not been released, and “a number of witnesses.”

The FBI said in a statement that the man had been in a “state of shock and shock, disbelief and shock” and that his wife was “in shock and stunned” at the death of her husband.

“Our hearts go out to the families of the 49 victims of this tragic event and to the injured law enforcement officers who were treated at local hospitals,” the agency said.

A motive is still being investigated, the FBI added.

The man is still at large.

The shooting happened on Sunday night when the gunman opened fire on people at the Pulse nightclub in the Orlando suburb of Kissimmee, killing 49 people and wounding more than 50.

He had been fired from the FBI earlier this month.

The gunman has been identified as 26-year-old Omar Mateen, an Afghan immigrant who was born in Florida and came to the United States in 1996.

Investigators believe Mateen was inspired by Islamic State, or ISIL, or Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) group.

In the months leading up to the shooting, Mateen made a series of threats, the Bureau said.

In June 2016, Matee posted a video online of himself talking about a planned attack on gay nightclub Pulse, where people gathered for a night of music.

In August 2016, he made a video on social media that included the words, “I will slit your throat,” the bureau said.

The FBI has said that Mateen had no previous violent convictions and that he had previously tried to become a U.S. citizen.