A suspect in the Orlando mass shooting was arrested after a drive-by shooting in Florida

A man was arrested Friday in Florida after a shooting at a nightclub in Orlando that killed at least 50 people and wounded more than 300.

Authorities said the man was identified as 32-year-old Micah Xavier Johnson, a resident of Orange County.

He was charged with first-degree murder, attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, reckless endangerment, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Authorities said he was being held at the Orange County Jail on $500,000 bail.

Authorities say Johnson had been in contact with the shooter and told him that he was an employee at the Pulse nightclub, where the attack took place.

Authorities were not immediately releasing his name.

He had been a U.S. citizen for at least four years and lived in Florida, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

A federal investigation into the attack began after the shooting.

Authorities believe Johnson was involved in a domestic dispute with the gunman who then fatally shot himself.